Armenian Association of Hematology and Oncology (AAHO) was established on September, 2012 in Yerevan, Armenia.
The main purpose of AAHO is the development of hematology and oncology, as well as the other related fields of medicine and science in Armenia.
Members of AAHO are doctors, nurses, scientists, psychologists, public health professionals, cancer survivors, etc from Armenia and around the world .
The governing body of the Association is the Board of Directors, who elects the Chairman of the Board and the President of the Association. The funding President (2012-2015) and currently the Chairman of the Board and the Honorary President of the AAHO is Dr. Samvel H.Danielyan, MD, PhD, who is also the chief of the Clinic of Chemotherapy of “Muratsan” Hospital Complex of Yerevan State Medical University (YSMU) and the chairman of the department of oncology of YSMU. The 2016 elected President of the AAHO is Dr. Avo Artinyan, MD, MS, FACS, who is also the chief of the Colorectal surgery and the director of Simulation Center at the Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA.
Young Oncologists Group of Armenia and Armenian Group of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology are part of the AAHO.
Armenian Association of Hematology and Oncology also has an Honorary Board, which consists of world known and respectable people, and a Scientific Advisory Committee.
Honorary Board of the Armenian Association of Hematology and Oncology
- Ara Vaporciyan, MD, FACS, MHPE (Houston, TX, USA)
- Arndt Borkhardt, MD, PhD (Dusseldorf, Germany)
- Ching-Tien Peng, MD, MPH (Taichung, Taiwan)
- Denis Lacombe, MD, MSc (Brussels, Belgium)
- Diko Kazandjian, MD (Washington D.C., USA)
- Dieter Hoelzer, MD, PhD (Frankfurt, Germany)
- Dinesh Pendharkar, MD, PhD (Mumbai, India)
- Eduardo Payet, MD (Lima, Peru)
- Frits Rosendaal, MD, PhD (Leiden, Netherlands)
- George Bikhazi, MD (Memphis, TN, USA)
- Giuseppe Saglio, MD, PhD (Turin, Italy)
- Hagop Kantarjian, MD (Houston, TX, USA)
- Ibrahim Qaddoumi, MD, MSc (Memphis, TN, USA)
- Irini Albanti, MA, MPH (Boston, MA, USA)
- Karen Francis, MBA (Houston, TX, USA)
- Lars Hjorth, MD (Lund, Sweden)
- Lawrence Faulkner, MD (Florence, Italy)
- Leo Kager, MD (Vienna, Austria)
- Marie Vartanian, RN (Boston, MA, USA)
- Marina Konopleva, MD, PhD (Houston, TX, USA)
- Maro Ohanian, DO (Houston, TX, USA)
- Mike Greaves, MB ChB, MD, FRCPath, FRCP (Aberdeen, UK)
- Miklos Simon, MD (Portland, OR, USA)
- Milen Minkov, MD, PhD (Vienna, Austria)
- Philip Philip, MD, PhD, FRCP (Detroit, MI, USA)
- Raul Ribeiro, MD (Memphis, TN, USA)
- Raya Saab, MD, FAAP (Beirut, Lebanon)
- Rudiger Hehlmann, MD, PhD (Mannheim, Germany)
- Samuel Badalyan, MD, PhD (New York, USA)
- Sima Jeha, MD (Memphis, TN, USA)
- Uri Rozovski, MD (Tel Aviv, Israel)
- Ursula Kellner, MSc (Vienna, Austria)